Comment on page
AWS iam users
This guide will help you to create or retrieve your AWS account access keys, secret access key and AWS region. This will also help you to assign permissions to the AWS account.
- 1.An active AWS Account
AWS Accounts Include 12 Months of Free Tier Access
To start, make sure you have an active AWS account as mentioned in the pre-requisites section. If not go back to pre-requisites and follow the instructions.
You can create one or more IAM users in your AWS account.
- 1.Once you click on Add User, you will see a screen as shown below
- 1.Give any Username and Select Access type = Programmatic access. This is because this user will be used just for the programmatic purpose. Also by selecting just this option, user cannot login at AWS management console.
- 2.Click on Next and you should see a permissions screen.
- 3.Select “Attach existing policy directly” option as shown below
- 1.You can select one or more policies from this screen, this will give permissions to the user to access required AWS resources.
- 3.If you are planning to use this user for Amazon DynamoDB integration with the VoiceWorx platform, then search for DynamoDB in the search box.
- 4.This will list all the readymade policies for the DynamoDB.
- 5.Select AmazonDynamoDBFullAccess as shown in below screenshot.
- 1.Once policy is selected, click on next button.
- 2.You should see a Add Tags (optional) option – you can skip this by clicking on next
- 1.Now you should get the review screen as shown below.
- 1.Click on create user button and user should be created and you should see a success screen as shown below.
- 1.This success screen has the credentials (Access key and Secret access key). Make sure you copy it and save it to safe place as the Secret access key will never be displayed again on AWS management console.
- 2.There is also an option to Download .csv – It’s a good practive to download it and keep it at safe place. The .csv contains the created IAM user information like Username, Access key ID and Secret access key.
Congratulations! You have successfully created an IAM user and assigned permissions to access specific AWS service.
Below table shows a list of various Amazon service integrations with the VoiceWorx platform and required policy for the IAM user that you use for the integration.
When you create an integration on the VoiceWorx platform, you may have to provide AWS Region name. If you are unsure which region you are using for the AWS service, you can find the AWS region easily by just 2 simple steps.
- 1.Make sure you have selected the AWS service for which you want to find the Region.
- 2.The top right corner displays the current region name as shown in below screenshot.
- 1.Click on the region name, and you should see a dropdown with more information on the region. In the above example, the selected AWS region is us-east-2
You will need this name in the VoiceWorx platform.