Comment on page
Lex Publishing Auto Manual
This guide will help quickly integrate Amazon Lex to publish a skill created on the VoiceWorx platform. In order to perform various steps on the VoiceWorx platform and the AWS console, this document will help you how to do efficiently and effectively.
- 1.An active AWS Account
AWS Accounts Include 12 Months of Free Tier Access
- 1.A VoiceWorx Account
- 1.A Skill in the VoiceWorx account
One skill in VoiceWorx should be created and at least one Utterance as well.
- 1.Access Key, Secret access key and AWS Region Name To be able to connect to Amazon Lex from the VoiceWorx platform, one IAM user is required and user should have the required permissions to access Lex service.
Following is a json document which you can use to create an IAM policy and assign it to the IAM user in the AWS console.
To proceed with these steps all pre-requisites must be satisfied. If something is missing, please return to pre-requisites to ensure all are fulfilled.
Now let’s begin using VoiceWorx platform with Amazon Lambda.
- 1.Login to the VoiceWorx platform, use left navigation menu and click “Integration” then select “Connect System”. In the resulting page, click “Connect External Systems”.
Graphical user interface, text, application, email Description automatically generated
Select Integration Category: Custom
Select System Type: Amazon Lex
Click: Connect System
- 1.Once in “Connect System” the configuration screen below will appear. Provide connection information as shown below:
Service Instance Name: You can give any value of your choice.
Consumer Key: This information is made available in pre-requisites #4
Consumer Secret: This information is made available in pre-requisites #4
Region: This information is made available in pre-requisites #4
Click: Validate and Save Settings
See below additional information.
- 1.The table below explains each of the inputs shown on this screen:
- 1.Once validation is confirmed the details of integration will be saved. The integrations listing page will be shown as below.
Lex connection is ready to use for future usage.
- 1.Return to the left navigation menu, click “Custom Skills” then “Manage Skills”. This page will display a list of the skills already created and provide an option to create a new skill.
- 2.At this point, there should be a skill created, if not create a skill and add one or more required methods and utterances.
- 3.Creating a skill is not part of the scope of this guide, The VoiceWorx platform supports many integrations for the skill. Please refer to the specific documentation for the same.
- 1.In the top menu tabs, select “Publish” then click “Add Skill Publishing”.
- 1.Once in “Add Skill Publishing” the popup screen will appear.
- 1.Once in “Publish” the publish process is initiated. The screen shown below will appear.
- 1.Click “Publish to Lex” and this will initiate the publish process. The following results screen will appear as shown below.
- 2.The results screen has an option to go to the “Go To Lex Skill” or “Go To Skill Publishing”.
For each intent defined in your skill, the success screen will show two rows as seen in the above screenshot.
- 1.On the skill publishing results page, a Go To Lex Skill, will appear as shown.
- 1.Click on it, you will be redirected to the newly created Lex bot on the AWS console.
- 2.On the Amazon Lex bot page, ensure “Build Completed”. If not completed then the bot will be unable to test. Once in Lex, you should land on this screen.
- 1.Make sure it’s displaying the correct skill name at the top left and then click “Test Chatbot” option at the right side. Click “Text Chatbot” then the test bot screen will appear as shown below.
- 1.Start testing by writing utterance in the chat area and lex will connect to the skill configured in the VoiceWorx platform. At this time a relevant response will be received.
You have successfully completed a skill to Lex Publishing.