Get Started with QA App
This document will help you to use a blueprint to create a Q&A Skill for Amazon Alexa using the VoiceWorx platform.
- 1.Create QA Alexa app from Blueprint
- 2.Publish App to Alexa
- 3.Test the skill
- 1.Go to Apps.
- 2.Then on App Blueprints.
- 3.Select the QA Alexa blueprint in the Getting Started section.
- 4.Click on Create App.
- 5.Enter the App Name and Description and click Create App.
- 6.The Create App process has 3 steps. These steps allow the user to customize the content of their app and entity types. Content can be text, files, multimedia like images, video and APL content.
- 7.Proceed with the steps and Click Submit in the final step.
- 8.Since this document is targeted for beginners, let’s skip the “Customize App” part for now and let’s publish the app to Amazon Alexa. Click Publish App. Publishing an app to Amazon Alexa means that you can now access the app you just created from your Alexa account.
- 1.Go to Publish Tab. You can now publish the App to multiple VoiceWorx supported channels. Here, we are going to publish the skill to Amazon Alexa.
- 1.Select the Amazon LWA account to publish the skill, and click on ‘Publish to Alexa’.
- 1.After the publish, you shall see the following page.
Congrats, you have successfully published an Alexa skill.
- 1.To test the skill using simulator, click on the Go to Alexa Skill button from the above page.
- 2.Click on the Test menu in Alexa developer console.
- 3.Allow the permission for microphone usage
- 4.Change the testing option from off to development.
- 5.Begin the test by invoking the skill by saying “Voiceworx assistant” and then enter the following questions created by the skill. Note: The skill contains answers to only the questions provided below.
- 1.What is the capital of France?
- 2.Where is the Taj Mahal located?
- 3.What is the largest country in the world?
- 4.Which is the largest state in the US?
- 5.Which planet is nearest to the Earth?
You can say “Goodbye” to exit the skill.
Congrats, you can now use the QA skill from any Alexa enabled devices.
Last modified 11mo ago